The crimes against women in India have been on the rise and addressing the safety concerns has become a priority. Given the rise in technological advancements and innovative solutions, there are now tools that can play an important role in ensuring the safety of women.
The list compiled below gives the 10 Smartphone Apps one can keep in their phone as they come with features that can help women feel a little safer.
10 Smartphone Applications:-
- Himmat App – The first app we recommend is Himmat App, as it is a free safety app recommend for women by the Delhi Police. To use the app, the user has to register at the Delhi Police website. Post registration, the user will receive an OTP which has to be entered to complete the configuration of the app. In a problematic situation on raising the SOS alert, the location information and audio video will be directly transmitted to the Delhi Police control room.
- Safetipin – The second one on the list is Safetipin which is designed around the concept of personal safety. It has essential features such as GPS tracking, emergency contact numbers, and directions to safe locations etc. The app pins the safe areas along with their safety scores to go at the time of any problem and it also enables the users to pin unsafe areas and help others.
- Raksha – This app comes with a button that will send alerts to your selected contacts with your location in a situation of distress. The good part about this app is that even if it is switched off and is not working then also you will be able to send alerts by simply pressing the volume key for three seconds.
- Smart 24X7 – This app is supported by the various states’ police to ensure the safety of women and senior citizens by sending panic alerts to emergency contacts in a problematic situation. It also records voices and takes photographs during the panic situation and transfers these to the police.
- Shake2Safety – This app is the easiest to use as the user just needs to shake their Smartphone or press the power button four times to send an SOS text or call to the registered numbers.
- BSafe – BSafe allows contacts to follow you through a live GPS trail and also set a timed alarm which goes off if you haven’t checked in. It will make your phone ring with a fake call and also notifies the emergency contacts with the location, video and even siren.
- VithU: V Gumrah Initiative – This is a popular emergency app that activates as soon as you press the power button twice. It can send out an alert message to user’s emergency contacts every two minutes. Additionally, the app sends the link of users’ location every two minutes to provide the receiver with updated location details.
- Chilla – This unique app can be triggered with a scream. The app then sends the user’s location to her guardian even when the phone is locked. It comes with an SOS feature too where, if the user presses the power button five times, the app can automatically alert pre-configured contacts.
- Stay Secure – This is a free safety app designed to help them in situations of distress. It can be activated by pressing the power button five times and automatically sends an alert to user’s emergency contacts.
- Women Safety – This app can inform the user’s contacts of her location with just a tap of a button. Women Safety can send an SMS to a preconfigured number, along with the user’s location and a link to Google Maps.